Friday, December 9, 2011

Art Critique Reflection

1. Which projects did you review?
I looked at all of the projects on the first page of ANGEL, which included:  Architectural Creations Throughout the World by Amanda Bolibrzuch, Through the Eyes of Women and Horses in Art by Jenn Benn.
2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
I chose to critique the project Horses in Art because at a first glance I really liked the project.  I liked how the project had a seemingly simple subject matter, but it was developed deeply.   Also, I was drawn to the fact that this project did not only have one type of art in the gallery; there were paintings, crafts, and jewelry among other things.
3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
It was hard to critique the work done; the choosing of pieces and how they were laid out and what was written about them, objectively.  I tend to put a lot of myself into my work so even though I was critiquing someone else's work I found myself trying to think of why I would have chosen those pieces and put them together in that way.
4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
Knowing that other people are critiquing my work makes me a little uncomfortable.  Art is a subject that I knew relatively nothing about before this class and although I know more now I definitely realize that I do not know a great deal about art and I am not claiming I do so it is hard to be confident in my work.
5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?
I would be interested in reading the critique especially to see what I could improve on and what others felt about my work.  Although I might not like what they have to say at first I am sure that other students will be respectful and constructive with their comments.
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
If I were to rate my article on a scale of 1-10 I would give myself a 10.  I used the information that I learned from the art critique videos and worked hard on writing the article and critiquing the exhibit as a true art critique would have done.
7. Did you enjoy working on this project?
I thought that this project was challenging, but I definitely enjoyed it because I was able to write a professional critique paper which is something I never imagined or thought about doing before.

No comments:

Post a Comment