Monday, December 12, 2011

Reflection Blog

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?
For this course I hoped and expected to learn about the subject of art.  I wanted to learn the terms, the styles, the periods, the masters; I wanted to be able to have a conversation about art.  I definitely know so much more about art in general after the completion of this course than i did before taking it.  Not only can I recognize specific techniques and periodic styles, I also experienced creating art and putting together pieces to create a gallery and even critiquing art.  I would say my expectations for this course were definitely met.

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?
Originally I defined art as a way of expressing oneself that can take infinite forms.  Now I would probably say the same thing, but it would have much more meaning because I have seen so many more forms that art can take.  I have seen paintings, sculptures, installations, masks, clothes, tools, crafts, carvings, prints, furniture, and so many more things all displayed as a form of art.

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
I did not have a favorite artist in my first posting, but now I do and it is Salvador Dali.  I love his works and the surrealist style is something that really intrigued me.

4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?
I definitely still agree with my first answer in that there are both positives and negatives with online classes, but I had never taken an online class during semester before.  The online classes I had taken before were during inter semester and I found those difficult, but taking an online class while taking other classes, working and playing lacrosse proved to be a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I probably would not try to take on that much work in the future, because online classes put so much pressure on ones self and I struggled with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment