Saturday, December 3, 2011

Violence in Art

For this project I really enjoyed the opportunity to expose myself to so much art. The process of narrowing down what theme and which images I wanted to use for my exhibit was difficult because there is so much art out there. You can find any type of art on any topic so I had to do a lot of research. I picked the theme of violence in art because I felt moved by many of the images I found based on this theme and also I felt that this topic crosses boundaries of culture and society and could be understood and appreciated by anyone on an emotional level.
I debated whether or not to use images that all fit the same movement or period of art, but instead decided to pick an array of images with different types of paintings and drawings to show how prevalent the violence is in art.

No comments:

Post a Comment