Sunday, October 9, 2011

Installation Art

Step 3:
A.  Installation art is hard for me to define; so taking influence from the definitions in the book and in the video I believe what can be defined about installation art is that it takes up a place and a space, it is three dimensional.
B.  Installation art is not limited by materials, it can be made up of anything.
C. Installation art is chosen over other forms of art to get the viewers to interact with the art work.
D.  I found Marchel Duchamp's views on art and installations interesting because his use of everyday objects caused a great deal of controversy with other artists yet he continued to use them in way that made them art.

Step 4:
A. I feel a connection with a lot of the pieces in the, but one that stood out to me was
B. The theme that I would like to explore in my installation is self.
C.  To do so I plan on using objects that I use to get ready everyday, the things I use to give my self an appearance I am proud of and the image of myself that is most seen and that I use to define myself.
D. I plan on setting this installation in either my bedroom in front of my mirror where I get ready and because it is the most personal place to me in this house, or in the bathroom because that is another common place that I get my self ready in the morning.

4. The subject matter of my installation is cosmetics, and other items used to alter your appearance.  There is makeup, tanning lotion, hair spray, colored contact lenses, accessories, etc. These items are loosely arranged in the order they are used and what part of the body they are used with.
5.  I think the main principle that stands out in my picture is unity.  This is because as much as these items all look and are so different and might seem randomly arranged, when you look at them closer and see what they really are you know that they are unified together.
6. I think that so far out of all of the hands on projects that I have done for this class the process of planning and creating a site specific installation has been the most involved.  It took a lot more thought, time, planning and trial and error type trials and then changes than any of the other projects so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment