Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reviewing Peer Responses

The blogs I reviewed were:
Lauren's Blog
AED200 online
1.  I definitely saw and agreed with the elements and principles that the artists listed with pictures.  Without even explanation it is so easy to see the same thing that others saw and that makes me think that these elements and principles definitely run true as guidelines because different people can see things in the same way.
2.  Neither of the blogs I looked at had any of the same images I did, because I went to a different art gallery than I did.  I like the fact that there were different art works than I had because I was exposed to a lot more art than I would have been if I had gone to the same art gallery as the ones I selected.  On the other hand, I would've been interested to see if people had picked the same works as me if they went to the same gallery and for the same categories, like which you want to know more about, etc.
3.  Lauren selected an art piece Jakob/Big Psycho VIII by Erwin Wurm that really took my interest.  From her photo I can tell it is a color sculpture that is quite abstract.  I wonder what it is that the sculpture is supposed to represent and if Lauren got it right because her interpretation sits well with me.  Also, in the other blog I was really interested by the wall drawing by LeWitt.  The artist mentioned that the drawing is made up of all of little scribbles and drawings so I really would like to see it close up!
4.  I enjoyed reading my peers reflections because it shows you the perspective of other people and what they are getting from this course, which in turn helps you to reflect even more on what you are getting from the course.  Also, knowing other peoples perspectives helps you to be more understanding and more tolerant of others views and opinions and is a good skill to have in life.
5.  I like the comments on my blog because I like to know that my images not only mean something to me but other people can get something from my perspective and opinions, too, which makes me feel like a good contributer to this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment